It is that time of year, when stores and websites offer back to school sales. To help make your decision where to shop, United Mileage Plus Shopping and American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping are offering tiered bonuses on shopping through their respective portals.
- Make sure you have opened accounts with United Mileage Plus and American Airlines AAdvantage programs. They are free to sign up.
- Make sure you have created accounts in Mileage Plus shopping and AAdvantage shopping sites.
- Log in to your Mileage Plus or AAdvantage shopping account and click on the partner you wish to purchase with.
- In the new window that automatically pops up, shop and purchase with the partner as you would regularly do.
- Close the window after completing your purchase and return to the shopping portal site that you originally logged into. Log out or close the window.
- If you purchase qualifies, you will receive your points anywhere between a few days to a couple of weeks later in the respective airline loyalty account.
These bonuses are great for adding additional miles to your Mileage Plus or AAdvantage accounts for things you regularly buy from their partner websites or this time of the year for those going back to school.
Purchases are cumulative for the entire promotional period and not have to be in one single purchase to meet tiered earning levels.
A great way to save time and shipping cost is to purchase online and choose free in-store pickup if available.
To view the rules and terms for AAdvantage Back to School promotion: click here.
To view the rules and terms for Mileage Plus Back to School promotion: click here.